1) We believe the Bible to be God’s infallible Word; written by men who were definitely and uniquely inspired, and that it is our supreme authority in all matters of faith and practice. We affirm our belief in the verbal and plenary inspiration of the Scriptures in their original autographs.
(2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:19-21)
2) We believe in God the Father, perfect in Holiness, infinite in wisdom, and measureless in power. We believe that God created the physical universe and all forms of life with reproductive capacity in six literal days. We rejoice that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men, that He hears and answers prayer, and that He saves from sin and death all that come to Him through Jesus Christ.
(Genesis 1:1-31; Exodus 20:2-3,11; 1 Corinthians 8:6; John 3:16; Matthew 7:7; Hebrews 7:25; Acts 4:12)
3) We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, born of a virgin, sinless in His life, who atoned for the sins of the world by His death on the cross. We believe in His bodily resurrection, His ascension into Heaven, his High Priestly intercession for His people, and His personal, visible, pre-millennial return to the world according to His promise.
(John 3:16; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Hebrews 2:17; Acts 1:11)
4) We believe in the Holy Spirit who comes forth from God to convict the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify, comfort, and seal forever those who believe in Jesus Christ.
(John 14:16-17; John 16; Romans 8:14,16,26-27; Ephesians 1:13-14)
5) We believe God originally created Adam and Eve in His image and free from sin. We further believe that all people are created as either male or female in His image, but are sinners by nature and choice and are spiritually dead. We also believe that those who repent of sin and trust Jesus Christ as Savior are regenerated by the Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:27-31; 2:18-25; Psalm 51:5; Isaiah 53:6; Romans 1:10; 3:23; 5:12; 8:11; 10:13; Ephesians 2:1-2; John 3:16 - “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”). We believe God established marriage to be a lifelong covenant relationship between one naturally-born man and one naturally-born woman. Marriage so defined is the only permissible context for intimate sexual expression and is the foundation for the human family. We believe that human life is sacred and precious and should be protected from conception until death. We further believe that every human being is directly responsible to God in matters of faith and life, and that each should be free to worship God according to the dictates of conscience bound by the Word of God.
(Genesis 1:27-28; 2:18-25; 5:1-2; Matthew 19:1-6; Romans 1:18-32; 1 Corinthians 6:18-20; Hebrews 13:4; Psalm 119:128; 139:13-17)
6) We believe that the local church is composed of regenerated, immersed believers, voluntarily united together for the purpose of worship of God, the fellowship of believers and the proclamation of the Gospel throughout the world. We affirm that each believer is equipped by a gifting from God to serve one another, but that the supernatural “sign” gifts were uniquely granted to the first-century church during the ministry of the apostles.
(Acts 2:41-42; 1 Corinthians 1:12; Acts 1:8; Matthew 28:19-20; 1 Corinthians 12:4-7; 2 Corinthians 12:12; Hebrews 2:3-4)
7) We believe in the competency of the individual soul to have direct approach to God; the priesthood of all believers; a regenerated church membership; the symbolic ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Supper; that each church is independent and autonomous and must be free from interference by any ecclesiastical or political authority; the solemn obligation to majority rule within the church, with equal right to all and special privilege to none; the absolute separation of church and state; and a worldwide program of missionary endeavor in obedience to the final command of our Lord.
(1 Peter 2:5,9; Acts 8:26-39; 1 Corinthians 11:24-30; Acts 4:19-20; Matthew 22:21; Matthew 28:18-20)